Small Habits and Goals Lead to Big Changes!Apr 21, 2022
It’s time to make a commitment to living a life you love! Starting new habits and setting small goals is a great way to make a lasting, positive change in your life. Here is a five-step process for setting goals and creating action steps to get you where you want to be!
I recommend that you just set one Habit, one Goal, and one or two Action Steps to begin. Here’s why: if you are anything like me, you want to do all the things all at once to make the biggest impact. All that will do is create chaos and overwhelm.
If you start with one small thing, what I call a Turtle Step, you will be able to implement it and accomplish the goal. That will create momentum that will propel you forward. Turtles may take slow, small steps, but they always get where they want to go.
- Daily Success Habit - Pick one positive thing to start doing during your day. This can be anything from getting up five minutes earlier, to eating a healthy lunch, or taking an afternoon coffee break. What is one small thing you can do that would fill you up with energy and joy and propel you to the success you want?
- Set a Small Goal - What is one small thing you want to accomplish between now and the end of the week or the end of the month? Not a big thing - remember we are thinking small. Do you want to carve out an extra half hour of free time in a day? Read a book? Start a new project? Write it down in a journal or notebook.
- Determine the Biggest Benefit of Your Success - This is the one time we can think big in this assignment because the excitement of the biggest benefit of your success will propel you forward. So what is it? Picture yourself reaching the goal you just set. What is the biggest benefit you can see for yourself? Write this down under the small goal you set.
- Clear Out and Make Room - Often, when we start something new, we have to let go of something that isn’t serving us anymore so we can have the time and energy to focus on the new thing we are doing. What is this for you? Can you set limits on your screen time? Change the way you commute to give you extra time? Can you stop sleeping in and get up earlier to make it happen? Again, write it down so you can commit to it.
- Set Key Action Steps - Finally, what are one or two key action steps you need to take so you can make this goal a reality? Think of the tiniest step you can - buying an alarm clock, getting a new notebook, refusing to hit snooze…it’s that small, first action that you take that will change the trajectory of your old life and bring it around to something you love! Put this step on your calendar, how ever often you need to take it, and hold yourself accountable to your action.
Do you have a hard time setting goals or holding yourself accountable? Sometimes a coach can help! Schedule a free discovery call with me to see if coaching is a right fit for you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.